Friday, February 27, 2015

A Starting Point


I was trying to decide where I need to start with this blog. Do I pick up with our lives now, or do I go ALL the way back to the beginning of US? Lucky you, I decided to start with the beginning of us.

Trent and I have a relationship that is decades in the making. As a sweet little 9 year-old girl just starting out with 4-H and stock showing, I bought my first show lamb from an awkward glasses wearing 11 year old boy. Yes, he had cooties! How could we have known 27 years ago that we would be happily married with two wonderful kids?! Yes, we were high school sweethearts. Awwww....

When Trent began his masters work at WTAMU, we were given the opportunity to live in a house at the WT Horse Center with no rent or utilities. What a perfect time to get married, right!? And that's just what we did.





 Finishing college we began our careers. Me teaching junior high English and Trent working in the cattle industry. After five years of marriage we welcomed our son Benjamin into our world.



Life was forever changed. Three short years later, Haddie joined the family and we were complete.



 There is never a dull moment with these two. I can't imagine life without them.

 Careers have changed. I'm still in education and Trent is now a senior loan officer. Fourteen years after our wedding day, we built our dream house. I had always heard that if your marriage can survive building a house, it can survive anything. No truer words have ever been spoken. But, we made it! Look, we're even smiling (Kind of....Trent never smiles in pictures)!!


Our kids are developing their own unique personalities, and Trent and I are doing everything we can to foster their interests and talents. Benjamin is completely dedicated to karate and has since earned his orange belt since this picture.


Haddie is growing in to her own style and personality. She tells it like it is and is one of the most honest from the heart kids ever. Word of caution, though. If you don't want to know the truth, you don't need to ask Haddie! It's my prayer that she continues down this path as the awkward years approach.



As they grow, they have their ups and downs. But in the end, there is a little love there....


Our little family bleeds maroon and white. We are Buffs for Life!!



I love sitting here in my living room looking out our big picture window and watching our horses buck and play. I love going outside at night with my kids and looking up and seeing all the stars. I enjoy sitting by our pond on summer evenings reading a good book.





In case you haven't noticed, we love our simple simple life!


No comments:

Post a Comment